Sunday, January 26, 2014

Way over my head!

Hola!  How are you all?  Today I was in Relief Society first as usual.  I set up metal folding chairs and turn on the fans.  I sit and open scripture or something until the others arrive.  Into the meeting the RS president arrives and writes on the blackboard "Le que te gustaba la Iglesia?  (Dad said it should have been, "Que le gustaba de la Iglesia?. She gives me a hug, the two sets of sister missionaries arrive and 3 others.  She calls one to lead, one to pray.  The music director (whoever is called on ) says, "Uno, dos y tres then we begin singing."  Then the prayer.  Then the RS President asks each in the class to respond to her question.  Some go on and on.  Then it's my turn.  I prayed for help.
      I said, "Me gusta la Iglesia por la conocimiento de Dios y su hijo Jesucristo.  Agradicida por la Expiación y el Plan de Salvacion.  Agradicida por el profeta y las escrituras; el libro de Mormon es mi favorita.  Agradicida por el templo and las ordenances y por familias, son eternas.  Agradicida por el Espiritu Santo en nuestros reuniones.  

I think I said.  I like the Church for the knowledge of God and his Son Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for the Atonement and Plan of Salvation.  I'm grateful for the prophet and the scriptures, my favorite is the Book of Mormon.  I'm grateful for the temple and ordinances.  Families are eternal.  I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost in our meetings.  
     Wow! I've been a member of this wonderful church for 64 years and that's all I can get out!  Someone said our example is more than words.  I certainly hope so, I'm there every week, but I can't say much.   The branch President called Dad and I in and asked us to teach the youth in February.  We'll study and pray.
     Oh, today the organ part of the console worked so as I played the notes it was an organ sound instead of just piano. Hooray!  The last few weeks they posted different hymns than they announced, Then they went and posted new hymns, I turn to them and play, and they expected a different hymn, as I didn't understand what they said.  And one week, they decided on an intermediate hymn and I went up to play and the console wouldn't turn on.  Oh the joy!  Seems like the power went off too, then the computer had to reboot while everyone waited.  There's some reason I'm here?  (Maybe they need a good laugh) I practice everyday, piano and Spanish, and maybe it will come in the millennium:) 
     Hey, I can do my job in the office very well, and I can understand people enough to do it!
     The Lord lives!  May he bless each of you!!
Love, Mom & Dad

***
On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:01 AM, Darren E Schmidt <SchmidtDE@ldschurch.org> wrote:

Love the news!  We continue to pray for you.  Those years with Torma Henderson have paid off!

Darren Schmidt
Seminary and Institutes of Religion
schmidtde@ldschurch.org
Home Phone: 801-282-4161
Work Phone:  801-254-8195

No comments:

Post a Comment