Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Arrived in Dominica Republic

Hi!  We left home at 6:30 yesterday, stopped in Dallas, then Miami and then got to Santo Domingo at 10 pm (east coast time.)  In Miami a young couple with a baby going through the airport, asked are you LDS, yes I said.  Us too they said.  Have you been to the MTC?  yes I said we're just traveling to our mission.  Well, her parents (the wife's) are on a mission in Ogden Utah.  I said that is where I'm from and we should have traded!  smile!

Anyway, we were picked up last night by two elders, taken to the temple patron housing by the temple, and met the Mission President and his wife at a session in the temple today.  Two elders were also there, they were going home.  So that is how them meet and greet is at the temple.  It's beautiful!  They gave us a car, a phone, showed us where the mission office is, took us to eat at a hamburger place where the bun is a glazed donut sliced in half.  Good! Then they took us grocery shopping where you park under the store and ride an escalator to the groceries above.  Guess what, we can not only not drink the water, but there is no milk here, only boxed milk that doesn't have to be refrigerated.  It's going to be a long 18 months (smile)

Love you!  Hope you're all fine. I heard a neat thought:  A missionary leaves his family for a time so that others can have their families for eternity!

Thanks to all you noble missionaries of the past, I'm proud of you.

Love,
Susan & Jim---we're in a stairwell to get reception.  Jim and the Temple president sat on the step and worked on the computer. 
Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment