Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I ALWAYS HAVE A HAPPY FEELING WHEN I GO TO CHURCH!

 Today was Sunday, up and left by sevenish.  Got there and 5 of the brethren greeted us at the door and shook our hands and spoke to me in English.  "Good Morning"  "How are you"  (First time.)  I answered in English and then Spanish.  Jim helped me test the piano/organ pedal in the chapel and then we went our separate ways.  I went into Relief Society, turned on the fans and lights (only when it's overcast, they don't usually turn on the lights.  I set up the chairs and then the 2 sets of sister missionaries came, we exchanged hugs and kisses and they sat by me.  The president arrived gave hugs and kisses, wrote on the blackboard.  Then began to hum the tune she wants to sing, I flipped through--found it, cincuenta y cinco I called out. (55).  God Speed the Right.  She smiled then she asked me to lead it and we began the meeting.  I say, "Uno, dos y tres" then begin.  Then we taught our SS class.  Dad taught, I wrote on the board.  (He'd given me the answers in Spanish yesterday.  Then I had them look up scriptures.  Oh, and I called on them to give prayers:  "Puede hacer la oracion."  (would you give the prayer.)  I should have said por favor (please.)  Sometimes all I can get out is little and simple.  But I bore my testimony before we closed saying how important el Plan de Salvacion is!  The whole purpose is to get us as families back to Heavenly Father.  I said how special they all are (we had 6 today.)  That the el Espiritu Santo testificar (The Holy Ghost has testified) to me how important and special they each are to Him.
Then I played for Sac Mtg.  The counselor in the Branch Presidency came to put up the numbers.  He mentioned something.  I said, "el himno intermedio. (Intermediate hymn) He nodded.  He posted the numbers and I stayed at the piano/organ so I wouldn't have to shut it on and off and wait for it to reboot. Then the meeting (la reunion) ended and I put on the speakers' hymn that she quoted from in her talk:  "Cuantas Bendiciones"  (Count your Many Blessings.)  Some little boys came up to play.  I pointed out a few notes, then how to turn it off.  Too bad I couldn't have worked with the little ones in Primary, played with them, gave simple lessons.  Maybe it wasn't meant to be.  (I would have felt more comfortable.)  Anyway, next week we are giving our lesson on Music.  We will give a hymn book out as a handout.  They are 75 cents here.  I will do a mini conducting class/keyboarding class besides talk about the "importancia de musica."  Then the next week it's Fast Sunday, then our last Sunday (I think we will have packages of cookies to have a "Linger Longer" after and then we'll fly out the next day!!  Gracias todas por su ayuda!  Thanks everyone for your help!
Love,
Mom & Dad & Susan & Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment