Monday, September 16, 2013

Just have to share!

Hi Kids and Grandkids!
     Yesterday we had 3 kids at our morning piano lesson before church.  Two young boys and a teenage boy.  Dad taught Priesthood, I played 3 numbers for Sacrament Meeting.  The branch President's wife led while I played and she always gives me strange looks, but I try to follow her, and try to do the introduction to the song just like the hymn book is marked.
     Then I gave a talk on Prayer.  The branch pres. introduced the speakers and I look down at Dad in the congregation and ask him if I'm 1st.  I spoke about prayers answered:  When Brent was a baby and choking in the next room on a piece of apple, the Spirit said to go help him.  When Darren lost his high school ring and it was placed in plain site.  When Amy chose to do YW instead of ballet and we had prayed.  When Andrea and her family were lost in the montanas after a family prayer, help came.  When Annette and later Ashley prayed for new friends and they materialized.  When our family was driving to Seattle to see Grandpa Schmidt who was very sick, who probably wouldn't last through the night, the regulator from the alternator went out, and we pulled to the side of the road in the "middle of nowhere."  What now, we asked?  We prayed and there was a knock on the window.  A truck driver behind us saw the lights go out.  He pulled his truck to the side of the freeway and walked back to help us.
     Our office elders walked the sister missionaries home to be safe then they had to walk through an area to get home.  They stopped at a member's home to check on them.  The lady said where is the other missionary.  There were 3 of you coming down the road.
     As a teenager, I prayed for help on an exam.  I could see an open textbook in my mind with the answers written out.
Many, many, muchos blessings have come through prayer!  We pray for you all at least 4 times a day!
     OH, ONE MORE:  Today Elder Claudio R. Zivic of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy, and his wife came to the office to begin a tour of the mission.  They met with the President an hour, then the AP's, then the whole office.  He went around the room and asked us each our names, where we were from, how long in the mission, and our responsibilities.  He was very nice, told us to be loyal to President and to work hard.  That we had the mind and heart to serve the Lord in this area and that is why we are here.  Then he wife spoke (in English) and said she was talking to me and Sister Clawson the 2 ladies in the room.  She said the hardest thing about serving the Lord is being away from our families (they are from Argentina.)  She said quoting scripture:"Your families are fine.  They are in my hand."  And who can do better than the Lord at taking care of them she said.
     Then the AP Elder Arana from Virginia, turned to me just before he stood to close, did I know they wanted me to give the prayer!!  What I said?!  Then he stood and called on me to pray (where was the closing song, oh well, I stood and Prayed (that the Lord would help me pray) and tried to bless the country and the mission and thank the Lord for His goodness, the opportunity to serve, and nuestra familias.  After my prayer, Elder Zivic congratulated me on my prayer!--it was almost a loud cheer!  EEK! 
Love you all!  (Oh, I ironed 3 table cloths that Dad and I bought to look nice on the tables for the luncheon.  I sat next to Sister Zivic, the Mission President next to Elder Zivic, the Clawsons and Dad and I at one table and the 6 Elders at the other table.  Afterward we took a picture and Elder Zivic asked me to stand by him!  Two men from a new catering place, dished up the dinner--new food-- rolled chicken breasts, eggplant lasagna, steamed vegetables, wild rice, little sliced, flavored breads.
Oh the Joy---6 months left!  Will I ever feel comfortable?
Love, Mom & Dad  

No comments:

Post a Comment