Sister McEwan, so good to hear from you! How wonderful that your son is coming. It is a great mission. We have a great mission president, President Rodriguez. We have 236 missionaries in our mission. They are absolutely amazing. They see a lot of success.
We just attended a cultural program tonight, the USA Cloggers from SLC. A great event for members and soon to be members! The senior couple that we were sitting with, the Area Legal and his wife who is doing media for the area just gave me a new web site that will continue to grow. It is Caribe.lds.org. She said on the left in that site is Obra Misional to click on. I haven't tried it yet. In fact, I didn't know I had a blog until my daughter emailed that you'd left a comment and she had the link to my blog where she had added letters or comments that we'd sent to family or friends as our mission progressed. What a shock, and what joy!
Anyway, I will check our mission data tomorrow to see your son, see if we have sent you a welcome letter from our mission, and get one off to you if we haven't.
Good luck in your preparations. We look forward to meeting your son. He will be a remarkable missionary! He has a great family sustaining him!
Thanks for the correspondence,
Sister & Elder Schmidt, office specialists in la Mision Oeste.
Dear Elder & Sister Schmidt,
ReplyDeleteHello! It is wonderful to find your blog. Please forgive me if I have posted more than one comment here, this is not something I do often I wanted to thank you for your hard work in the mission office and for sharing your blog. I really enjoy learning about the mission where my son, Elder Brendan Watkins, is serving. He loves the mission and the people. Thank you again.
Sincerely,
Kathy Watkins