Hi, how are you all? HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO YOU!!
Monday night at FHE the seniors celebrated the 4th of July. The Temple Matron, Sister Bair, had some of the men stand and give quotes from the founding fathers, some history of what happened to some of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and then she spoke of them appearing in the St. George Temple to Wilford Woodruff, who did their work. Sister Bair is a descendant of Wilford Woodruff. Then we ate dinner, barbecued beef, potato salad, etc. I was assigned to bring Apple Crisp.
Today being the Fourth of July, Dad and I got up early and made two cobblers, an apple and cherry (next year I'm adding blueberry) and took it to the Mission Office with cool whip. Six young elders, the Clawsons and Dad and I had it still warm for breakfast? Then we went to a Consejo --a council of zone leaders. In another room we oriented 3 new missionaries that arrived yesterday from the Provo MTC. Dad gave it in Spanish and I followed in English. We ate with all the missionaries the usual Dominican chicken, rice with chopped vegetables, candied banana or guineo and coleslaw of cabbage and carrot. Then we did picture taking. I took the new missionaries with the President and his wife. Then the president wanted a group picture of he and his wife with all the zone leaders--plus 3 new sister leaders to preside over the sister missionaries in the mission. The missionaries were kind of a rowdy bunch, enjoying each other. It was fun.
On the way home we took the Clawsons, a new senior couple from Kaysville to the spot where the land was dedicated. We got a phone call there, there was a crash and the Elder needed his passport. We went back to the office, got the passport and headed across the city to the police station. (We know just where to go.) This elder Elder Arana is from Virginia, Woodbridge, yellow line, near DC, is bilingual and has just been driving here for 2 weeks. He took Elder Reeder's place.
We made a bank deposit on the way home, entered temple clothes sizes back at the office, recorded the deposit, sent out mail, did bank work with receipts and charging to the missionaries accounts.
That was the 4th of July. We were "independent" of tradition. Oh well, it was fun, everyday is and we'll see you later. Hope you had an awesome day!!
Love,
Mom & Dad Oh, I wore red, white and blue, and some of the missionaries at the meeting asked me if it was La Dia de Independencia. Si!
No comments:
Post a Comment