Saturday, March 9, 2013

Things have been great! How are things with you!! Miss you!

Hi Kids!  Added Kids!  and Grandkids!
 
We have been having a wonderful time!  It would be even better with you!!
 
     Last week we went to 4 zone conferences.  We drove our big white Hilux white truck with the AP's in the back and their equipment.  Our first conference was here in the city, in the San Geronimo chapel with zones Independencia and San Geronimo, with about 50 missionaries, and the mission president and his wife.  Dad and I were welcomed as well as the mental health couple, and regular health couple.  They presented, and then Dad told about the new credit cards coming out, dates to close their old accounts, how to fill out reembolsos (to be reimbursed for travel, utilities and medical expenses.)  The Church is moving the money from JP Morgan to Bank of America.  You who have served, I'd be curious how it was done when you were out on missions. 
     Then I took each zones picture with my new camera on a tripod.  It was scary, but the pictures turned out okay and they were emailed to the president.  Then Dad and I had a table where all the missionaries came and signed for their card, then went to lunch.  They had a typical Dominican meal (we had it in the President's home when we first arrived and at each of the 4 zone conferences--A chicken leg and thigh baked, rice with beans or corn and herbs chopped in it, a sweet, almost candied banana chunk, and either a roll or eggplant square.  The rice is awesome!!
     We traveled away from the city for the second conference to Azua, about 2 1/2 hours away.  Then to Bani the next day about 1 1/2 hours away, then close to the capital Las Caobas about 20 minutes.  The presentations were repeated, but the missionary singing and smiles and handshakes were awesome!!!  I picture my own kids out there, and my grandkids someday!  I'm so proud of each of you!  We truly see the Sons of Helaman--the Strippling Warriors!
     THIS WEEK was temple trips.  Each zone came to the Temple.  Dad and I typed up the sizes for each missionary and went early to fill out the slips and pull each missionary's clothes and put them in alphabetical piles for them to pick up.  Wow!  The Spirit is so strong!  They come so excited to serve in the temple! Dad and I are dressed in white, he greets them and has them stand by the counter and I hand them the clothes looking at their placas (name tags) for their ID.  Today we stayed for the session.  I was the only one in the room with earphones.  I turned the volume down so I could hear a lot of the Spanish.  Dad and I helped with the prayer.  Then we waited outside for the office elders who had dropped us off today and went to inspect houses, with all the missionaries talking, laughing, happy as they greeted each other.  Today it was Azua and San Cristobal (which stands for Columbus I think.  Two zones were Tuesday and two on Wednesday.  We have 4 more this next week. 
     Oh and the week before a couple going home invited us to go with them to some places they hadn't been.  We went to the small monument commemorating the dedication of the land for the preaching of the gospel on Dec 7th 1978, right after the Priesthood was given to everyone.  It was dedicated by M. Russell Ballard.  Then we went to the Colonial, where a fortress and palace are still there that Columbus' son built.  A senior missionary from the CES department said that the restoration of the Gospel began here with the land that Columbus founded.
       Anyway, wanted to share this with you!  We love each of you so much!!  Thanks for all you do for us!
 
Love, Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment