Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hi Kids & Grandkids!!


Hi!  We feel like kids some days, we have such fun!  How are you all doing?  From what I hear you are doing awesome!
Brent & Judith and Derek were just in Idaho working on housing, it could be building a home.  Brent just got asked to help John Welch do an anniversary edition of Jesus the Christ.  His book on Grace is being proof read and is close to being finished.
 
Darren & Jolynn and kids have been busy with Patrick's play, soccer skills classes, Patrick and Maylin were in the school talent show, Sydney and Celeste one at school too.  Darren finished his book and will do editing.  He also had disciplinary councils at church.  He and Jolynn are going to teach a marriage class.
 
Amy and Jake and Grace are doing well, they are enjoying watching her grow.  He's been working on a house in Clearfield and teaching the young people in.  Sunday School.  Amy teaches the Laurels.  They are going to Dallas to see Andrea.  Janice Murray said it was fun to see my family at the baby blessing for Grace!
 
Annette and Caleb and Hyrum are doing well at learning to deal with 2 year old diabetes.  They have an endocrinologist for pediatrics.  He is is doing well as the scout master and got a huge promotion at work!! She is doing pastel pictures of the Savior in an art class, is tops in her fencing and music chairman in the ward.
 
Ashley and Kelland and Claire are cute with each other as she grows and changes and matures.  Kelland is tops in his school at helping, teaching and interacting with kids in tutoring, technology and fun.  Ashley has done a great job as a kindergarten teacher.  They are both working on their masters and Ashley is the Sec. in YW. 
 
When I try to list what you are all doing, I do so poorly, you are all doing much better than I can describe. 
     Dad and I just had a fun week!  On Saturday, he and I, President & Hermana Rodriguez, and Elders Kirk (from Murray, Chinchilla (from Guatemala), Bryner (from West Jordan), Pitti (from Panama), Reeder (from Logan) Aguiniga (from Mexico), spent the day walking through the Colon where Columbus had a fort, palace of sorts etc.     On Sunday, Dad and I gave our final March lesson with the youth in our branch at Nizao.  We took oatmeal and peanut butter cookies and handed out Book of Mormon reading charts, and colored pencils that we had to go to an office supply store to buy (grocery stores and other stores don't carry crayons or pencils, it is strange.) I played the piano/organ in Sacrament Mtg.  The mission president and his wife came as speakers and sat right by the back of the piano where the sound comes out.  The numbers are posted just before we start, and a little girl comes up to help me.  Dad said if she hadn't left he would have come picked her up.  Ugh!
     Then in the evening the same elders plus Elder Klein, the new AP from Arizona all came to dinner.  We honored Elder Kirk and Elder Bryner as they are leaving.  One elder said when you get home Sister Schmidt, we'll all get together and cook you a dinner.  So fun!  I worked with Young Women off and on for 40 years, it is fun now to work with young men!  They have been loading mattresses, bed frames, luggage, mosquito nets, fans, and missionaries for the last few days!
     On Monday we had the office meeting.  The President had us go around the room and each read some scriptures as he honored Easter.  Dad said I read better than usual--scary.  We had tons of elders come in, finished our packets for some new missionaries just assigned that day and headed that night to FHE with the seniors, a presentation on Humanitarian projects.  We should have taken pictures when we did the projects in Layton.
     Tuesday was transfers--traslados.  Nineteen new missionaries and Dad taught them, I took pictures.  Hermana Rodriguez asked us to chaperone the lunch after while they went to eat with the missionaries going home.  So many missionaries shake our hand, call out our names, and speak with us--it is humbling.  I am getting ready tonight to go help Andrea and Ross from Friday to Friday.  We love you all so much!  Hope we are representing you all okay.  Love, Mom & Dad    

No comments:

Post a Comment