Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A great week--if I could have stopped in Bentonville it would have been perfect!!

Hi kids and grandkids!
     Tonight Dad and 3 elders picked me up from the airport!  What a handsome lot!!
My ship- through suitcase had a sewing machine, 48 round and rectangle red and green tablecloths for the Christmas party for the mission tomorrow, milk and snow for the elders that were missing it, a toaster, airbed and pump, new camera, brown sugar, ginger, flour etc.  I guess we will decorate the tables for 200 after a fireside ends in the building with the largest gym.  (It is here in the capitol, not like the meeting house where we meet for church.
     I enjoyed going home in summer skirt, sandals, light sweater, taking empty suitcases (except for garments), then going home and being given delicious meals, a coat to wear, wearing Christmas sweaters and slacks and boots then putting back on the sandals (they had to be repaired while I was there so that's why I took them, course then I had to tramp through airports in sandals where the strap wouldn't hold.  But I didn't have space to bring back another pair of shoes. Smile!  I am such an idiot! Anyway, I got to see a lot of you.  Thanks for all you do for me!  You are all so special!  Ashley did an awesome shower, and everyone tried to do a nativity in spirit!  We brag about you all all the time!!!
     Today all the mission met at the Temple for 3 pictures of the whole mission--by zones, spelling out oeste (West), and by the nativity.  Dad is now writing--We are talking 210 missionaries.  We then went by to San Geronimo for a celebration Christmas.  A general meeting to celebrate those going home and a talk by the mission president /his wife.  Then to a banquet lunch on tables fixed by Mom followed by a talent show.  Then the cleanup.  Very tired tonight.  Elders flocking to me with finance problems--about 25% speak English the others only Spanish.  And I try--and it hurts if I can't understand very well.  The Spanish elders deserve everything that the Americans get.  The Americans talk to us all the time.  We are getting 8 American sisters which will be fun.  One elder from Honduras today explained a problem.  Did you understand he said--yes, everything I said--and I will call Salt Lake tomorrow to find out details.  I want to help but feel so helpless when I can't communicate .  Mom is wonderful--she tries so hard with everyone.  Bye for now.  Good luck!    DAD/MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment