Pictures: Our choir, Elder & Sister Zivic, on the guagua
Today we rode on a bus or guagua to Bani for District Meeting which is like stake conference I guess, we got a new district presidency. Our mission president, President Rodriguez conducted. Visiting was Elder Zivic and his wife from the First Quorum of the Seventy. Our choir practiced for 2 hours yesterday, we drove an hour to get to Nizao and an hour back and I think they went through the 2 songs three times at the most. The rest of the practice was standing and sitting. Then we had to be there this morning at 8 am to catch the bus. We loaded the bus at 9:40, the meeting began at 10 and was a half hour away and we were singing the prelude! Oh from 8 to 9:40, we sat, waited, and went through the songs twice at the most. The bus driver drove crazy to get there. These buses are all beat up, dirty, have the door tied open and rattle the whole way.
We wore white shirts or blouses, dark pants or faldas (skirts). The
boys or men blue ties, and the sister missionaries made blue flowers for
the girls or sisters to wear. We arrived at 2 minutes to 10, headed
for the stand, somebody was already at the piano/organ. The Mission
President got up and told the missionary to move because I was to play
the prelude. This elder from Los Angeles learned the piano when he was
young and he and I traded places, he the opening and closing song, and I
the prelude and musical number. The prelude was Abide with me Tis Even
Tide (I got this song Thursday night and it's not in the simplified
hymn booklet. Tengo Gozo in Mi Alma (There is sunshine in My soul today
I got Sunday. For someone with my abilities I need a lot of time to
practice. We didn't get a miracle, but I didn't mess up too badly. I
play the best when they are singing and the worst when it's the prelude
or interlude when it's just me. Oh well, all these things will give you
experience and will be for our good! right. Elder and Sister Zivic
shook our hands. He was Brian Jensen's mission president in Spain.
Nancy and Ray met him when they went to pick Brian up. I have a few
pictures: (I may have to send them separate)
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment